Built in the 17th century, the “voormalige Paleis van Justitie” at the Prinsengracht 436 has an impressive historical story to tell. Starting as an foundling orphanage it was turned into a house Justice in the mid 19thcentury undergoing a massive renovation adding large areas to the former orphanage. The “new” Courthouse was extended several times in the next 150 years adding large areas including the “Bestedelingen” orphanage in the 1950’s. In 2013 the Amsterdam Court moved to its new location and the building became vacant and was sold to it’s current owner in 2015. It is being redeveloped into a five-star luxury hotel to be destined as the most luxury hotel of Amsterdam with 133 rooms and suites, a fine Spa-Welness with swimmingpool, meeting rooms and two restaurants.
CTF Amsterdam BV/Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Leading Architect: Kentie & Partners
Piet Boon Studio
Concrete Architects Amsterdam
April 2018 – ongoing